Sunday, April 24, 2011

Invasion!!

The things we do to make our kids laugh...
The other night the electricity went out in our neighborhood. We had put the kids to bed about 30 minutes prior, so David was sound asleep when it happened.
Matt and I were busy lighting candles and finding flashlights when Matthew came down saying he couldn't sleep. The blackout had him a little freaked.
Matt, in an attempt to "lighten" the mood, started joking to Matthew that we were in the middle of an alien invasion. It started to make him feel better so I went ahead and took it a step further.
I whipped out the foil and fashioned some crude alien invasion hats for us. You know...so the aliens can't read our minds!!
We had fun sitting and posing on the bed. We sent him to bed about 10 minutes later. He felt much better and the electricity came on soon after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! They keep me inspired and usually put a big grin on my face. :)