Thursday, August 19, 2010

First day of school

Today was Matthew's first day of 3rd grade. To say he was excited is putting it mildly.

Last night he set his alarm for 7am, but when my alarm went off at 6:30 I could hear him rummaging around. Come to find out he had gotten up as soon as he saw the sun and gotten dressed. He had even brushed his teeth!!

Needless to say I was super impressed.

The only downside to him getting dressed early was that he had a whole hour before he could leave for school.

So he put on cartoons and squirmed on the couch and asked every 5 minutes if was time to go until it was actually time to go.

He and Matt then walked up to the school where Matt said he gave him a hug and a kiss and ran off to meet up with his friends.



I just hope he'll be just as excited every day of the school year as he was today. But that's probably just wishful thinking. I'm sure I'll be dragging him out of bed and rushing him out the door in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! They keep me inspired and usually put a big grin on my face. :)