Thursday, July 1, 2010

Fishing!

We went fishing today! As you can tell from the picture below, David was beyond excited when we got there.


Matt went fishing last night with the Young Men from our church and was inspired to try again today. You see, he didn't catch anything yesterday. But he came home with 3 bass that 2 of the young men had caught. So we went to a local spot that Matt knew of to try again.

This is what David did most of the time we were there. Sat on a blanket and sipped orange soda. He was very content to say the least.

Unfortunately we came home empty-handed. Not so much as a nibble! I did, however, catch a tree and some grass. But I'm not sure if that counts. At one point, I put my fishing pole down to take a break. David took this opportunity to snatch it up and try his hand at fishing. After all it didn't look that hard! "All I have to do is stick this pole-thingy in the water. Easy peasy lemon squeezy!"

Matthew getting some last minute advice about casting from Dad.


As you may be able to tell I did more picture-taking than fishing. I've never been a patient fisher, but I just couldn't pass up this beautiful landscape. I just had to snap away!

Our sweet, adorable, ornery 2 year old. Always keeping us on our toes.

This kid is getting older every time I look at him. It's so hard for me to believe he will be 10 this August. I've never kept ANYTHING alive that long. I love having him around. Between him and David, we are always entertained!


I think this is my new favorite picture. I may be a little biased though, I think he's a pretty handsome dude.
And lastly, a short video of David "fishing."

1 comment:

  1. The always wise ~ AdrienneJuly 1, 2010 at 9:35 PM

    Must not have been holding your mouth right. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Please comment! They keep me inspired and usually put a big grin on my face. :)