Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Just a-swingin!

It's finally warmed up here in Northwest Missouri! This beautiful weather couldn't have gotten here any sooner. I swear if I had seen one more snowflake I would have SCREAMED!!

But the sun is out and the flowers are poking their little heads out from underneath the ground. I'm finally starting to see more green too. It's very theraputic, seeing all that green.


I wondered if David would even know what to do when he was able to go outside. He's had to spend the majority of the winter indoors. No fun. For him or me.



Matt took the cover off of our porch swing the other day and we were able to sit outside and swing to our hearts content. It was wonderful.


We were keeping the front door open to let more sunshine in that day. The screen door was being closed, but it doesn't always latch properly. So Matthew was running in and out and just kind of throwing the door shut but not making sure it was latched. I was able to catch it most the time and shut the door all the way...most the time. David saw the door opened at one point and took full advantage of it and bolted from the house. Only I was in the kitchen and didn't see him. It wasn't until a couple of minutes had passed that I noticed it was awfully quiet and noticed he was gone.

I panicked a little cause we tend to have some people that like to drive recklessly fast down our street. I ran outside, getting ready to shout his name and search the streets.


But then, there he was. On the porch swing, just as happy as can be.



He loves that swing. We've been going outside regularly and he likes to climb up on the swing and just sit. Extra bonus if Matt or I are there to swing it back and forth.


So special thanks go to my parents for buying us that awesome porch swing. We all love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! They keep me inspired and usually put a big grin on my face. :)