Thursday, August 27, 2009

Dear Matthew,

Today is your 9th birthday. It seems just yesterday you were born. I remember your "birth"-day very clearly.

It was a week before my due date. It was early morning and I was asleep, Daddy had already gone to work at the airport. I remember Nana calling me around 9:00 a.m. We talked to for a while. I noticed as we spoke that I was feeling pains in my tummy. I thought "hmmm. That was different."But I didn't dare tell Nana cause I didn't want her to worry. I went back to sleep and woke off and on, all the while noticing that my tummy was aching. Around noon I decided to call Daddy and tell him what was going on. He wanted to come home but we weren't sure if I was actually in labor. It wasn't until our friend Chuck, who worked with Daddy, said "Your having a baby! Go home!"

Daddy got home around 4 and around 6 we decided to go to the hospital. That's when we called the family. Alot of people showed up, from mine and Daddy's side, to await your arrival. Nana showed up first. Followed by Pop-Pop and Uncle Steve. Aunt Adrienne was next and then Uncle Josh. Daddy's Grandma and Grandpa Burgoyne were there also.
Labor wasn't too hard and you were born at 11:00p.m. (An hour before your Nana and Pop-Pop's wedding anniversary!) You were 7lbs. 6ozs. and you were 21 inches long. We noticed right away that you were the spitting image of your Daddy. I won't put on here what your Nana said when she first laid eyes on you. (it's hilarious, but a little graphic for a public post.) I'm sure you've heard it before and you will hear it a million times more as you grow up. (It's something we do on my side of the family. Tell the same stories over and over. I think we like to try to engrain these memories into your brain.)

I just want to say how proud I am of you. You amaze me every day with your love, patience towards your brother and kindness towards others. I am proud of who you are today and who I see you becoming as you get older.



I love you and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!


And to commemorate this day, here are some adorable baby pictures that I'm sure you're not going to like me posting, but I'm going to anyways. It's one of the perks of being your Mom. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! They keep me inspired and usually put a big grin on my face. :)